Like most writers, I also love to read.
If you have written a book which you would like reviewed, please send it to me using the form below. If I read your book I will post reviews on AMAZON, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, GOODREADS and right here on my website - I'll also put your book's cover on my Pinboard "BOOKS I'VE REVIEWED". I'll do this for FREE - though if you want to return the favour I won't have a problem with that! I will read most genres, including non-fiction - if yours is one I don't personally favour, I may ask one of my trusted review team to step in, though I do personally check and publish every one.
PLEASE NOTE: MY REVIEWS ARE DETAILED AND CONSTRUCTIVE - I WRITE HUNDREDS OF WORDS, rather than the simple nutshell summary others may provide (view examples here). I am honest about most aspects, but I'll never dash dreams! PREMIUM REQUESTS WILL BE TREATED EQUALLY HONESTLY - I DO NOT GIVE GOOD REVIEWS IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY.
I prefer books in .PDF format - I highly recommend sending me finalized proofs, as I do consider formatting and grammar in my reviews.
I rate books on the following 5-STAR basis:
***** "terrible - perhaps it's time to give it up!"
***** "well below-par"
***** "I've read worse, I suppose"
***** "pretty good"
***** "very good"
***** "excellent! outstanding!"
I will always contact the author for permission before posting a review of 2-STARS or less, and may recommend services I think may help authors (though, of course, will never pass your details to anyone else). I am a member of the SfEP (Society for Editors and Proofreaders).
You should DEFINITELY read my SUBMISSIONS POLICY before sending me your book.
Due to a huge backlog, a free review can never be guaranteed!
So, I offer a PREMIUM REVIEW SERVICE - for £25 I will guarantee your book is reviewed by myself within a couple of weeks, jumping ahead of free listings on My Bookshelf. Additionally, your one-off Premium review payment will ensure my personal review of all books you send me in the future (written by you), at no extra cost!
ARE YOU A PUBLISHER OR PUBLICIST?
Purchase 4 Premium reviews for £75, with a 30-day total turnaround. Simply choose this option when completing the submission form.
Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders
I am more than happy to publish your interviews and guest spots, through my editorial company MJV Literary Author Services.
BETA-READING SERVICE - £45
I offer a high-quality beta-reading service, which is strongly recommended, and routinely undertaken by professional authors of any proficiency; beta-reading should always be carried out before finalizing your proof.
For £45 I will read your book in full and advise you of any discrepancies and recommendations relating to the story, the grammar, character development, credibility, continuity and anything else I feel is of note, whilst suggesting embellishment of positive aspects. I will adhere very closely to your instructions for feedback, if there are particular aspects of your book you would like me to pay attention to.
If you choose this service, I will guarantee to read and review the completed book when it is published.
Simply select "Beta-Reading Service" from the form above.
SYNOPSIS WRITING SERVICE - £45
PURCHASE WITH A BOOK REVIEW AND SAVE £10!
If your intention is to submit your book to agents or publishers, you need to give them exactly what they want. Most receive tens of submissions per day, and will only read even a sample of your book if they like the synopsis. It is therefore essential that your synopsis is concisely written and professionally formatted according to their expectations.
For £45 I can read your book in full and write you a good, professional synopsis. I can not guarantee your submission results, but I can assure you that the standard and formatting will be exactly what they are after.
Get the PREMIUM BOOK REVIEW & SYNOPSIS PACKAGE for £60, and save £10 compared to purchasing them separately.
Select your preferred service from the form above.
- Premium reviews will always be read before free submissions, and will always be read on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Sending me your book is no guarantee that I will review it. In the absence of Premium reviews on My Bookshelf, I will read in no particular order, and will pick whichever submission takes my fancy next.
- Your submission will not be considered a Premium review request until I have received confirmation of your payment to MJV Services by Paypal.
- I reserve the right to refuse Premium review requests for any reason - in these cases your payment will be immediately refunded in full.
- IN NO OTHER CASES (INCLUDING A BAD REVIEW) ARE PAYMENTS REFUNDED - this applies even if you choose not to allow the review to be posted. I do not offer favourable reviews in exchange for Premium payment!
- Please don't try to hurry me for a review - if you pester me I may reject your request and, if Premium, refund you.
- By sending me a non-Premium review, you accept that the review may have been written by one of my review team, though I always check and publish each personally. I write all Premium reviews personally.
- Although I guarantee to review further submissions by Premium customers at some point, I make no implication that further submissions will be prioritized in any way, unless individually paid.
- Unfortunately, it is necessary for me to cap word counts accepted at 120,000, including for Premium reviews. The form will not allow you to submit longer counts - please don't lie when filling in the word count field.
- MY REVIEWS ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE, AND I DON'T REALLY WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT YOUR BOOK - IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN UNFAVOURABLE REVIEW, PLEASE DON'T REQUEST ONE.
While I promise to always create reviews impartially, without any bias or ulterior motive, in some cases I may consider it necessary to recommend you refer to the editorial services of professionals for whom I occasionally carry out paid editorial work. I may also contact you from time to time to suggest the services of my own editorial company MJV Literary Author Services. By submitting your writing you acknowledge and accept this disclosure.